MSN Security Tips

Sunday, April 06, 2008
Posted by Takumi 86


msn messenger

Things to uncheck:
Show my display picture and allow others to see it. - Will protect your ip from getting sniffed.

Should uncheck:
Allow others to see that I have a webcam.

You can also do

  • uncheck show display pictures from others - it will stop direct communication between contacts.
  • Update to newest version of MSN - will protect against most malicious code. [corrupts your messenger... etc]
  • If possible try to hide yourself behind a proxy. [proxy behind a BSD Server would be the best protection.]

Last thing to do: Go to run and type msconfig go to Services and check Hide All Mcft Services and uncheck: Messenger Sharing Folders USn Journal Reader service.



If you like my post, please subscribe to my RSS feed!



Labels:

0 comments:


1. This blog is DoFollow
2. If you like my post, please leave your review and i'll appreciate that and do not spam, Thanks


Post a Comment