Having undeletable files in your hard drive does annoys you, if you want to delete it because you think its so unnecessary but you can't remove it. Then what you're going to do with that files? nothing but now you can remove it by choosing between 2 steps
The 1st Method
1. Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open.
2. Close all open programs.
3. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE
4. Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe.
5. Leave Task Manager open.
6. Now Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other undeletable file) is located in.
7. At the command prompt allocate it to where is the file you wish to delete and after that type DEL -name of file-
8. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell.
9. Close Task Manager.
1. Open Notepad.exe.
2. Click File>Save As..>
3. Locate the folder to where your undeletable file is
4. Choose 'All files' from the file type box
5. Click once on the file you want to delete so its name appears in the 'filename' box
6. Put a " (quote) at the start and end of the filename
(the filename should have the extension of the undeletable file so it will overwrite it)
7. Click save,
8. It should ask to overwrite the existing file, choose yes and you can delete it as normal
3. Type: command
4. To move into a directory type: cd c:*** (The stars stand for your folder)
5. If you cannot access the folder because it has spaces for example Program Files or Kazaa Lite folder, you have to perform the following: instead of typing in the full folder name, it only takes the first 6 letters then put a ~ and then 1 without spaces. Example: cd c:progra~1kazaal~1
6. Once you are in the folder of the non-deletable file, type in dir - a list. Doing this will come up with everything inside.
7. Now to delete the file, type in del ***.bmp, txt, jpg, avi, etc... And if the file name has spaces you would use the special 1st 6 letters followed by a ~ and a 1 rule. Example: if your file name was bad file.bmp you would type once in the specific folder through command, del badfil~1.bmp and your file should be gone. Make sure to type in the correct extension.